- Rural Services
- Service Area Commissioner Resources
Service Area Commissioner Resources
The mission of the Rural Services Division is to provide supervision and operational support to road/sewer/streetlight service areas. Assist in administrative and procurement functions. Provide engineering, contract management, mapping and technical services.
Fiscal year end deadlines
The Boroughs fiscal year end is June 30th, 2023. July 1st, 2023 marks the first day of the new 2023-2024 fiscal year as well as the deposit of new funds for service area maintenance.
The deadlines for financial transactions are as follows:
- Budget Transfers May 22nd, 2023
- Moving money from savings to pay invoices or order more summer work before June 30th.
- Purchase Order May 25th, 2023
- Any NEW purchase orders must be requested before this date.
- Change Notice May 25th, 2023
- Any changes to an exsisting purchase order must be requested before this date. This includes adding more funds onto a purchase order to pay for invoices.
- Petty Cash (>$99) June 19th, 2023
- ALL petty cash reimbursement requests are due by this date. This includes any purchases that you may have made during the current fiscal year. If the purchase is $99 or under, we can supply cash at the front desk. If you are bringing in multiple reimbursements that total OVER $99, you MUST bring them in by May 25th, 2023 as we can NOT provide cash for anything over $99 in one (petty cash) transaction.
- Reimbursement (<$100) May 25th, 2023
- Any reimbursement that is over $99 must be requested by this date.
Failure to submit requests and reimbursements by the dates above will prevent us from processing the transaction.
Contractors and vendors will be assigned NEW PO numbers which will be sent to them via email on or shortly after July 1st, 2023. Current PO numbers from FY 2023 will become void after June 30th, 2023. Contractors may NOT perform any work until a PO has been approved for FY24.
ALL invoice approvals for FY23 goods and services are required to be submitted by 5pm July 3rd, 2023.
Any funds that have not been spent by June 30th, 2023, will be rolled into savings for later use as needed.
If you are unsure whether your service area is ready for the new fiscal year, please reach out to Xena at 459-1223.
- Annexation and Boundary Change Application
- Budget Transfer
- District Council Representative Appointment (PDF)
- Invoice Approval
- Meeting Agenda Template (DOCX)
- Meeting Minutes Template (1) (DOCX)
- Meeting Sign In Sheet Template.pdf
- Non-Road Commissioner Application
- Project Submittal Request
- Public Meeting Request
- Purchase Order - Change Request
- Revolving Loan Fund Application (PDF)
- Road Commissioner Application
- Sign Request
- Tax Cap Election Request
- Work Order
Commission Reference Documents
- 2018 Edition Service Area Commissioner Handbook (PDF)
- District Council Map
- District Council - Service Area list
- Driveway Construction Details.pdf
- Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) Board and Commission Policy (PDF)
- Mailbox Stand Location and Design (PDF)
- Roadside Signs - Standard Drawings (PDF)
- Roadside Signs - Standard Operating Procedure (PDF)
- Standard Specification for Local Road Maintenance (PDF)
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know - Spring 2022
- What Your Service Area Needs To Know Winter 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Fall 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know May 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Spring 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Winter 2020
- The Road Review Winter 2021
- Road Review Summer 2021
- The Road Review Fall 2020
- The Road Review Spring 2020