- Boards & Commissions
- Carlson Center Advisory Board
JOHN A. CARLSON COMMUNITY ACTIVITY CENTER Advisory Board
Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate any substantial complaints about or irregularities in the operation of the Carlson Center;
- Review on a quarterly basis the financial statements of the center;
- Review on a quarterly basis the events which have taken place during the past quarter along with the financial information associated therewith;
- Review on a quarterly basis the events scheduled to be held in the center during the next quarter;
- Review on an annual basis the mission statement for John A Carlson Community Activity Center, the marketing plan, the booking policy, and fee schedule.
- Review the proposed annual operating and capital budget requests for the Carlson Center;
- Forward comments and recommendations concerning the above items to the Mayor and Borough Assembly.
Meetings are scheduled quarterly on the second Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. This information will be routinely updated to reflect upcoming meetings.
The next John A Carlson Community Activity Center Advisory Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 8,, 2023 at 3:30 p.m. in the Mona Lisa Drexler Assembly Chambers, Juanita Helms Administration Center, 907 Terminal Street, Fairbanks.
- Agendas, Minutes, and Audio
- Please contact the Clerk's Office by phone at (907) 459-1401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Citizens' Comments A
Agenda items not scheduled for public hearing
Citizens' Comments B
Items other than those appearing on the agenda
How to Provide Testimony
In-Person or Telephonic Testimony
Once an agenda is published, citizens may sign up to testify in person or telephonically by doing one of the following:
- Calling the Clerk's Office at 907-459-1401 no later than 2:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting;
- Completing the online sign-up form no later than 2:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting; or
- Signing up in person before the meeting has been called to order.
During the meeting, the Chair will invite citizens to the table or ask the Clerk to call citizens when it is their turn to speak. Please note the following:
- Phone calls to citizens will come from an out-of-state number.
- If a phone call is not answered, the Chair will move to the next citizen who has signed up.
- Testimony will be heard in the order in which citizens have signed up.
- Each citizen will have three minutes to provide testimony.
- Other citizens attending in person may provide comments after those who have signed up.
Citizens may submit comments using the online contact form or at email@example.com.
|Board Member||Contact Information||Term Expiration|
|Randy Zarnke, Chair
|Bill Wright||(907) 450-9889
|Karl Kassel||(907) 388-1047
|Scott Roselius||(907) 347-9371
|Allison LeBon, Vice-Chair||(907) 452-1751
Citizens are invited to submit a completed Boards/Commissions Application (PDF) to the Mayor's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To qualify, applicants must: